but i'm transforming into one.. gradually...
Not just nocturnal. But also not-enough-sleep creature. Turning into power-puffy-eyed-girl soon =_=
why leh.. coz on top of the TA assignment which is 10 hour a week, I got my report for my new media class to write, I got my thesis stuff to worry about (i.e. the proposal in preparation for the research grant application, looking for relevant articles - this 1 is ongoing), I gotta read my (undergrad) stats textbook and sit in for undergrad stats class for 4 hrs a week, I gotta travel for approx 10 - 12 hours (depending on the waiting time for bus/mrt) a week bcoz I go to sch 3 days a week. Sometimes 4 days, if I happen to have multiple meetings or research seminar/symposium to attend on 1 of my supposedly off-day. And now there's a new addition. Research asst job for my supervisor. Paid or not, it's not the question. It's not the most impt factor. Seriously. This kind of thing, if I wanna ge gao about it, I will die lor! haha.. What's "impt" is that it's gonna be a freaking 46++ hour for the next 4 weeks!! Which means on top of my TA 10 hours, I need to spend 12 hours or so a week for that. I only have max of 4 weeks bcoz 1stly, sch sem is ending soon and our participants are SCI students, 2ndly also bcoz sch sem is ending, i have my report & presentation due on the final week!!! I can't afford to drag!!
But........ If I have to do 22 hours of non-assignment/thesis related stuff a week, plus 12 hours of travelling, how the heck am i gonna fit in my assignment/thesis work time?!?! see, if i work for 10 hours a day, I'll be working for 50 hours a week (mon - fri). I have 7 hours of lesson. So how many "free" hours am i left with? 50 - 22 - 12 - 7 = 9 hours. And that is for 5 days. I barely have 2 hours a day to do my own work!! Ok, I still have wkends.. let's say i work for 8 hours during wkends, i have 16 extra hours. 16 + 9 = 25.
Oh ya, I need to wash up/bathe/eat/change clothes/make myself look presentable/do housekeeping stuff everyday too.. let's not forget about those. And I'll have to subtract that from the 25 hours.
Let's say I bathe for 20 mins everyday, spend 20 mins on breakfast, 20 mins on lunch, 20 mins on dinner, 20 mins for changing clothes/tying hair/covering dark eye circles, and give 20 mins for some other miscellaneous stuff.. I'll be spending 3 hours a day on those.. 7 days a week, means 2 hours a week for these stuff that NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS do everyday.
25 - 14 = 11. This is the time I'm left to do my assignments + thesis every week!!!!! I'll shove stuff like replying to emails into the 30 mins of misc.
Argh!! If there weren't the extra 12 hours of research assistant work, I'll be having 11 + 12 = 23 hours for those!! OMG... That's a lot man!
I must ask my prof if he can hire another research assistant to lighten the load leh... Coz u see, 11 hours for both my thesis & assignment (that's not counting reading time) is barely enough!!!
And as you can see, I didn't even try to squeeze in personal time there! The only personal time I have is when I'm doing my mundane everday normal human beig tasks & slping. -_-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment