But really, which student in Singapore truly get to enjoy the "break"? Even 1 of my profs lamented that while students from institutions from other countries really take a break during the "recess", in Singapore, it just means that whoever is on top of you can assign you more work, just bcoz, well, it's break, and u're supposed to have more "free" time on your hand. *rolls eyes*
Well anyway, this doesn't really affect me that much. Not that I get to fully rest during the recess week (I'm not that tired anyway.. hahaha), I don't exactly do A LOT more also.. It's pretty much the same for me. Except that I don't have to waste 4 hrs a day on the public transport (inclusive of waiting time - if the bus/mrt comes fairly quickly, then it gets shortened to just a little over 3 hrs per day, but it doesn't always happen)
Let's see what I've got on hand to keep me busy for this week (including this wk end & next wk end):
1) TA - helping to do some research on arts coverage
2) TA - giving some comments on some undergrads' projects
3) New Media project - To start writing - lit review, methods, findings from data collection (I better do as much as I can during the break.. God knows how much more stuff I'll get when the break's over.. haha)
4) Research Asst. - To find out from Dr Bo what's the next step
5) My thesis - hmm.. probably edit my proposal according to my new plan, as suggested by both my supervisors? And of course read more literature... it's always about understanding the current lit 1st..
6) Undergrad stats class stuff - leaving this till the end - to read the chps on ANOVA in preparation for the next class..
7) My grandma's 70th (according to Chinese calendar) Bday celebration next Sun :)
I better start allocating the time needed for each task so I don't spend too much time on 1..
And gosh, Week 7 just ended!! Time really flies when U're busy yea?
And this kinda makes my "painful wait" less painful.. Yes, waiting for those big events to happen (Andy Yu, U shld know what I'm talking about). The overdue promise to myself. When I was 16, I wanted to get married at 18. When I was 18, I wanted to get married at 20. When I was 20, I wanted to get married when I'm 21. When I'm 21, I'm in Uni, so I told myself I'm definitely gonna get married at 23 when I graduate. And now at 23 (ok, I'm not officially 23 yet, my bday hasn't arrived) I know there's NO WAY I can get married this yr. And now at 23, I hope to get engaged this yr or next yr, ROM next yr (or tgt with the customary wedding), and get married when I'm 25, and have my 1st kid somewhere around there. I hope my plans don't get delayed anymore!!! Bah~~
And U know what? This "getting married" thingy has been like a carrot dangling from a stick, cajoling me to continue working hard in school... and all the way into grad sch -_- It's time I jump and snatch the carrot already huh! Enough of endless chasing & pursuing.. I know I can handle married life with sch commitments if it really happens. I mean, this kind of thing, everyone needs to put in effort mah... It's not as if when I start working, start paying for housing loan, I don't need to put in effort to make our marriage work mah.. I know, it's the money issue... At least we have some income now.. and we're not financing a house or what.. so i think it's still pretty ok..
I don't care.. it must happen by 2011!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment