Today is the official closing ceremony of the SIP, which commenced at 11th May. Even though I dread forcing myself to "terminate" all the nice dreams i've been having at night and dragging my half-asleep body to rush for the bus and elbow my way into MRTs (no thanks to kiasu ppl who always position themselves strategically, smacked right in front of the MRT door!! Eh harlow, u buay paiseh 1 ar?) and yawning while walking to the building..... I love my intern-job!!! I absolutely enjoyed working at PSD - & i'm not just trying to sound propagandist or what... The work environment is really friendly and warm, no office politics at all, and the staff were all very helpful. For most of the other jobs that i've done, the staff can't really be bothered (or they don't have the time) to help me with stuff.
Plus i'm dealing with magazine, that made it even more enjoyable :) i always liked magazine publishing stuff - no matter what genre (ok, maybe as long as it's not financial or news related). & my supervisor is really damn good lar... i mean, we're the sort who can chit chat at times, and i don't feel that she's restricting my creativity when i do stuff - which i really appreciate. The research paper was a bit shiong (coz this kind of stuff isn't really my forte), but at the end of it, after the presentation and all, i really felt the satisfaction :p
Haiz... But so fast, 8 wks just flew past... I really hope i have the chance to work with these colleagues again in the future - but maybe by then, some might have transferred, and they might not have the vacancy for me... :(
Anyway, my supervisor treated me to lunch (along with other colleagues from my dept) at this Thai restaurant at Clarke Quay. Damn yummy... There was this white coloured tomyam soup which tasted like bo bo cha cha... Delicious lor!! I've never tried something like that - i must say i'm really hooked.. haha.. Don't be fooled by the martini glass - the amount of ingredients they put in each glass is really a lot lor - i couldn't finish all the chicken. Not very ex also leh, for $12.90 (or something), you get a main course (which can be stuff like curry), an appetizer or salad (can be stuff like prawn cakes, mango salad etc) to be shared with another person (oh btw minimum order for set lunch is 2 pax), 1 soup & desserts... All are very nice!! I wanna dine there again.. probably bring my grandparents & uncle there - they love thai food, esp tomyam soup.. haha..
Then after that was the closing ceremony already. Everything just happened too fast. After that, I was already saying gd bye to everyone...
I guess this is the kind of memory that will put a smile on my face whenever i'm down. Nice colleagues, funny fellow interns, experience that can't be gained elsewhere...
I'll upload the pix of the thai food after i edited them.. dunno why but they appeared a bit yellow-ish leh..
*after closing ceremony, i went to find dearie - i know this is just so expected of me right? haha.. but i just like meeting my bf what... cannot izzit.. heh heh.. he just changed wardrobe. Quite big compared to his old one - got mirror some more... haha..
K lar, that's all for now.. I'm feeling a bit hungry... i'm such a pig right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Shallyn,
Haha, glad that you enjoyed your internship :) It was also great to have you helping out..Maybe next time we can work tog again..will do your testimonial for you soon...
Rach xx
Post a Comment